Dispatches from Portland: Wanderlust

Contributor post by Andrea of Hula Seventy



Hello friends! Today, a tour of the cutest little trailer-turned-vintage shop I ever did see: Wanderlust. You may (or may not) remember when I first posted about Lodekka last year-- the cutest not-so-little double decker bus-turned-vintage shop I ever did see. In a particularly brilliant move, the two shops joined forces and are now parked next to each other at a sweet little spot in North Portland.



Since I've already given you a little look inside Lodekka, how about a peek inside Wanderlust? You will not be disappointed. I promise.



Wanderlust shop owner Vanessa has filled every inch of her awesome converted 1969 Cardinal Deluxe travel trailer with vintage and handmade goodness.



Sweet little handmade touches like this all over the place.



And oodles of excellent vintage. More than what you might think a tiny trailer could hold. You know what? I sort of wanted to take this purse home with me. Left with an amazing floral vintage suitcase instead.






Even sweeter than the Wanderlust trailer is shop owner Vanessa herself-- She's as warm and welcoming as all the little handmade touches inside the trailer. And she's a girl who knows her vintage. Indeed, a girl after my own vintage-loving heart.

You can find Wanderlust online here (their etsy shop is here) or If you live in the Portland, Oregon area (or are thinking of visiting anytime soon), you can find both Wanderlust and Lodekka parked together on North Williams street, between Pix Patisserie and the Hopwerks BikeBar.

Thanks for letting us peek inside Wanderlust, Vanessa!

Jan Halvarson

13 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too sweet for words!

Lise Meunier said...

Oh! I love this shop!!
http://lise-meunier.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wow a trailer shop - so awesome! :) vintage greatness indeed! thanks for sharing

Lady Grey said...

what an adorable little shop!

Zane said...

beautiful place

frecklewonder said...

sweet as pie! i love it.

call me debbie said...

Oh my it's the smallest. cutest, greatest painted little shop evah!

Lacey said...

BAH! I live in portland and have never seen this! I have seen lodekka but not I must go back! thanks!

Rachel said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to re-visit these shops. The first time I happened upon them they were both closed, though I was tantalized by peaking in the windows. This is like an even better window-peak :-)

Renee said...

This is adorable! Love it!

JoAnna of re-U creating new spaces said...

Ok this is amazing!

Sarah Dee said...

What a lovely place!

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Peppermint Emporium said...

I love this idea. What kinds of permits or license do you need for a mobile shop like this?