Cool Decorating Trick No 29: Embroidered Screen Door


Anyone who follows Aesthetic Outburst's blog knows Abbey is a pretty amazing creative person.  Her ideas are always unique, original and have a crafty edge to them.  Like her embroidered screen door, I mean really, who would've thought to do that?  I love this, and am definitely going to bookmark as a cool decorating trick for future screen doors in my life.  Get her tips on how to do this here.  Also check out their quote engraved brass plaque hanging next to their door (brilliant)! Psssst! Word has it clearer instructions will be in her new book coming out this August!  Can't wait!



Jan Halvarson

6 comments:

Katie said...

I love it, and I did something similar, but different, for my wedding : http://winterfoliage.blogspot.com/2011/07/take-seat.html

This post re-inspired me to look for more screens that need stitching, thanks!

Anna said...

Great idea : )

CHRISTI JAY said...

Thats frickin' genius!! I'd worry about stretching out the screen (I'm a bit of an agressive embroiderer) but then i realized my screen door is punched metal. Now i just have to choose what to write...

Jan Halvarson said...

Katie - cool!

nikki said...

Great idea. If I had a screen door I'd love to do the same - and others spring to mind eg. eye of Ra; spider web; galaxy, and more . . .

Crystelle said...

My in-laws used to have something similar on their screen door, for the following purpose: to keep people and pets from running into the screen...!!!
Worked too!