Mini DIY Round-Up: 7 Cross-Stitch Style DIY's

Livet Hemma


There are so many great DIY's out there (I'm continutally inspired by the creativity and quality). So when I came across all of these cross-stitch style ideas, I had to gather them all for a post. So much to love! Click below for 7 cool ones:





1. Cross-stitch Doormat

The folks at Livet Hemma had a super cool idea - to cross stitch one of their BORRIS doormats (um $1.49) by punching holes with a nail first then stitching using a thick needle.



2. Cross-stitch Letter Sorter

Emi of Small Good Things shows how to add a little craft to your correspondence with some unexpected cross-stitch on a generic letter sorter. Here's the how-to!



3. Cross-stitch Canisters

The folks at Country Living have a fun tutorial on how to apply some cross-stitch lettering to your glass jar canisters.  It involves downloading a free font (Home Sweet Home) and then printing onto transfer paper.  Get the how-to here.



4. Cross-stitch Walls

I loved this painted on version of cross-stitch by Eline Pellinkhof as seen on Bloesem this past year.  Such an effective and beautiful idea.  
Related: Also check out this idea using washi tape.



5. Cross-stitch Handbag

This rather lovely idea is from the folks at Fossil - a DIY mason cross-stitch handbag. Click here for the how-to.

6. Cross-stitch Stool

And many have probably seen this little cross-stitch stool (mentioned here earlier this year) - but certainly worth including in this round-up.  Find the how to at This Little Street.


7. Cross-stitch as Wall Art

These beautiful wall art pieces are by Jessica Decker (I think I've written about her before here). And although these are not a DIY - you can buy them here - they are still truly an inspiration.

~Jan
Follow me on: twitter  // facebook  // pinterest

Jan Halvarson

14 comments:

Julie Søndergaard said...

I LOVE IT!

I already have some of the pictures on my pinterest, but more shall come!

Julie

Megan said...

Oh! Such good ideas! Let's cross-stitch everything!

JD said...

Thanks for posting my Cross-stitch wall art! I just worked with kollabora.com to design some smaller scale (but still large) D.I.Y cross-stitch kits... they'll be up on the site in early September, and I'll send along a link when they're available!

JD

Katie said...

I love everything cross-stich and actually used your #4 example as inspiration for doing something similar in my own home.

http://explanationrequired.blogspot.com/2011/08/cross-stitch-wall-art-pinterest.html

Alice said...

LOVE these cross stitch items. I came across this modern cross stitcher earlier this summer - http://www.etsy.com/shop/RugglesMade

Vintage Home said...

love the wall art!

ynas-design said...

The stool and the doormat - that's it! Cool!

Audrey - This Little Street said...

Thanks so much for featuring my cross-stitched stool...again :) This is a great little roundup!

Truebluemeandyou said...

I love Emi's (Small Good Things) cross stitch letter sorter. It makes a mundane utilitarian office product into something special and anyone can do this project.

Jan Halvarson said...

JD - oh fun - we'll have to check that out!

Katie - good instructions - and amazing job!

Alice - will check it out thanks!

Thanks Audrey!

Anne Marza said...

The cross stitch wall looks amazing! I love it!

http://thebrokebitchguide.blogspot.ca/

Caitlin S. said...

LOVE that doormat, never would have thought of it!!

Diablo III items said...

it really is our hornor to possess a see your website,it is really very good.

Julie Jackson said...

Cross stitch fireplace cover! http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/2012/07/30/my-latest-project-cross-stitched-fireplace/