IDSwest: The Independent Designer



Poppytalk had an awesome time at IDSwest this year and was super impressed with the independent designers this year. Our friend, Janis Nicolay of Pinecone Camp offered to take a few photo's of some what I saw. ~Jan

 


Vancouver was buzzing this weekend with all shades of design at IDSwest - a fantastic interior design show. I spent a day chatting with, and taking pics of, some amazing talent.


I always love checking out the "Future Masters", selected by Artsy Dartsy. New designers, creating beautiful and unique products. Above were a few of my faves. From top left: "Ossa" folding chair by Krystin Clarke, cabinets by Katie Mah, Maia Rowan, Jesse Cullen, ceramic sculptures by Sarah Peloquin, the Future Masters under the turquoise net.

Alex Henderson of Henderson Dry Goods. Mirrors, trays, decorations and jewelry, with beautiful laser-cut etchings.  



Table by Michael and Tanja of Mth Woodworks. Table made from salvaged wood and organic resin. 


Every year a designer will create the "bar", a very necessary feature at any design event! This year Omer Arbel, of Bocci, created one the most popular spots at the show. Pretty much designed entirely with the "Bocci 28d", the newest creation from Omer. I love these so much. The top image is part of the bar as well.  


Paula Gonzalez is the talent behind "Phaulet". She creates patterns with photoshop then transfers the patterns, digitally, to fabric. So pretty. 


Christian Woo uses only FSC certified hardwood to create his stunning pieces. His "cluster" tables and new storage units were huge hits. I can definitely see a collection of the yellow, grey and wood storage units in my office...or at least dream about seeing them.

 Pretty, wheel-thrown ceramics by Cathy Terepocki. So adorable. Love the map of Canada and the gardener with wheelbarrow. 

Well that's a wrap up of IDSwest! If you have some time, do check out the links - so much goodness.


Jan Halvarson

12 comments:

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

Hooray! Love it all and wish I could have seen it up close and personal this year! Thanks for sharing Janis :)
~Lily

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

Such a great show this year! Great pics! :)

PinkPanthress said...

❤❤❤
Totally adore the 2 1/2 D: Orange by Peloquin...

...and that Canada Bowl by Terepocki, this would make such a great novelty in my Mugs & Bowls Collection!

I love this entry, Janis. :3
You had me in Spasms over these photographs!

Sheila Zeller said...

Great recap! Weren't the oganic resin filled stools amazing? Such a cool feature...

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Very inspiring! I would love to visit something like this thanks!

Danielle Hardy said...

Its all so amazing! So glad you captured all these beautiful items! Janis you are just awesome..and anyone who knows you know that your are the biggest sweetheart <3

Carola said...

so inspiring! I just love Paula Gonzalez work.
Tx u for the ride!

kiss

Carola

kickpleat said...

I was so sick this past week that I missed out - lovely recap. I LOVE that yellow cup with the yarn hands. So much talent around here!!

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Fantastic round up and a fresh take on IDSwest this year. It's nice seeing the creators along with their creations. How did I miss that mth woodworks table? I LOVE it! Would have liked to take home a Bocci lamp too, but I forgot to go back to grab one. Did you get one?

Jan Halvarson said...

Meesh - Loved your photo's too at your post! I didnt' grab one (would've been nice).

Jan

Anonymous said...

Loved my first experience at IDSwest....loved learning yours' and Janis' favourites from the show.

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful show. Maybe I can hop up from Southern California next year...