Dispatches from Montreal: Smart Design Mart

Contributor post by Camille from *ouistitine.


Last week-end was the Christmas fair you wish you did not miss: the marché smart design mart. If some of you know already about the Montreal Puces pop and like it, you would LOVE this fair. Once a year, around 100 well curated handmade creators are brought together in an empty garment factory to showcase the most exciting independent design you could ever dream of. Lets take a look shall we?




Unik printshop's screen prints on wood veneer

Curse of the multiples illustrations

Beautifully scented handmade with pure essential oils, natural soaps from carriage 44

The Vintage mart corner had a great selection. (I almost bought this vintage handmade wool sweater and wish I did...)

 Elaine Ho jewellery was exquisite! I loved the "mineral friends" collection.

This Faux Fauna needle felted wool animal heads by feltfactory are so realistic that you would think they could come back to life any minute. This lady is just too talented!

I am in love with these delicate and romantic cotton and linen dolls by Gaiia Kim. I actually wish I made them myself!!:)




En Masse created this great back and white drawing mural during the week-end. If only you could see all the tiny details of it. 

Here are a few others you should go and have a look at: the beyond cute screen printed onesies and pillows by coucou salut, the Stay Home Club tote bag or the amazing jewellery creations of the so kind Joanna from RedSofa (actually I did buy myself one of her unique necklaces but wanted to buy everything that was on her table).

I wish I had more to show you since there was so much more, but since we also had a booth there too I could only snap those few ones with my iphone. Please go visit their website and like their facebook page and show your love to handmade creations!!!

oh!!... and for those of you who are curious; this is what our own booth looked like:




-Camille
*ouistitine

Jan Halvarson

1 comment:

TinaA said...

It looks like heaven! Happy holidays!