Dispatches from Australia: Real Living




A few pages out of the Jan/Feb '13 issue of Real Living Magazine that have caught my ey. First up, loving the Bondi beach 1930's apartment of Australian photographer and artist, Murray Hilton (above three images) that include really lovely childhood-themed photography mixed with just the right touch of modern furniture and pops of colour.  Thought that pillow case (from Third Drawer Down) was pretty fun with the star quilt too. Photography Maree Homer | Styling Louise Bickle.

Below - an image that was included in their food section.  Just felt nice and beachy - maybe because I'm longing for a bit of sun and summer weather and I wouldn't mind a print of it for our gloomy cloudy Vancouver sky (Location photography by Hannah Blackmore and William Meppem).  And a sneak peek of their next issue - because I love me a comfy bean bag chair.



Jan Halvarson

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow case with text on! Do you know where it's from?

Anonymous said...

Love the pillow with the text on! Do you know where you can buy it from?

Natasja - Watzijzegt.com said...

I love those 'old fashioned' photo's, thanks for sharing! :)

Libby said...

It's one of my favourite magazines...so accessible:)
Hello from a new follower in Sydney (but Manly is our local beach!)

AAA said...

Love the colors of these photos!!

AAA said...

Love the colors of these photos!!

Unknown said...

I adore this. I want that HUGE bean bag for the boys and all the reading they do. This post oozes the Australia I dream of.

Coco Cake Land said...

wow - i really love that photo of the kids party that's in murray's kitchen, never seen anything like that on display and blown up!!

Jan Halvarson said...

catetesthill
studiothreetwofive - the pillowcase is from http://thirddrawerdown.com/

Natajia - thanks for visiting!

Libby - oh i got really sunburned at Manly when I was there. really.

AAA - me too!

Rebecca - me too!

Lyndsay - i know makes you want to dig out the old photo's doesn't it?

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

These images are the perfect counterpoint to the dreary weather we're having. Love the scale of the photos.

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

This magazine is one of my favourite things that I miss from Australia. I need to get my act together and get it shipped I think. I'm with you...Hurry up summer!!

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

This magazine is one of my favourite things that I miss from Australia. I need to get my act together and get it shipped I think. I'm with you...Hurry up summer!!

Christine said...

Is the quilt handmade?

Jan Halvarson said...

Christine, it looks to be!

Anonymous said...

Please please please tell me where I can buy this beanbag from????